Mile 30.8 - This is the lock house at lock 25, still in good condition . The ferry operated from 1791 to 1836. This lock (and other locks up to lock 32) has been extended in length in order to allow two boats to fit, doubling its locking through capacity.
Jarboe's store closed in 1906. It was run by former locktenders John Walters and Charlie Poole. The nearby town of Poolesville has a lot Poole families.